Do you have problems with the launcher not being able to connect to the game server ??
21 October 2021
Notifications
Clear all

Storage Limits

Bureido
Initiate Member

I was thinking about the decoration people had in their ships and houses and how it was limited to a number based on the type of structure they had. I wondered if it would it be possible to add an in game purchase item to increase the number of items you could have in your house, Guild Hall, Ship etc. These could be crafted by structure traders and limited to 2 addon per structure

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15 January 2021 11:16
Undercova
Member QA

you mean this ??

https://swg.fandom.com/wiki/Extra_Inventory_Deed

it was in the game in late NGE. some were obtained via collections or TCG loot cards. since we dont have TCG they could be a reward of a quest or as you said be purchased via NPC vendors for credits or faction points

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 January 2021 11:41
Ziggy liked
Tosteto
Member CSR
Posted by: @undercova

you mean this ??

it was in the game in late NGE. some were obtained via collections or TCG loot cards. since we dont have TCG they could be a reward of a quest or as you said be purchased via NPC vendors for credits or faction points

I think it should be a reward from a one time quest. If it was on a vendor, there should be a limit on the amount available for purchase before a permanent cutoff for that character is in place, and it's a No-Trade. Besides the Vet Reward, the TCG had smaller sized expansions, usually 50-100 extra items so maybe there could be a quest that awards a 50 space expansion, and a vendor can sell 100 space expansions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January 2021 02:08
Undercova
Member QA
Posted by: @tosteto

you mean this ??

I think it should be a reward from a one time quest. If it was on a vendor, there should be a limit on the amount available for purchase before a permanent cutoff for that character is in place, and it's a No-Trade. Besides the Vet Reward, the TCG had smaller sized expansions, usually 50-100 extra items so maybe there could be a quest that awards a 50 space expansion, and a vendor can sell 100 space expansions.

yeah something like that. luckily we are able to set limits as we want them 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January 2021 02:16
Bureido
Initiate Member

I had no idea that it was in the game before the shutdown

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16 January 2021 10:42
Undercova
Member QA
Posted by: @bureido

I had no idea that it was in the game before the shutdown

for years 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January 2021 11:18
Kliff Edge
Intergalactic Edgelord CSR

yeah something like that. luckily we are able to set limits as we want them 🙂

Considering we have fresh code, here, I would imagine we could likely increase the limit on "storage increase" items per character, to a slight degree? The only thing, dictating any item storage limits would be the database itself(?)

So for the sake of keeping things running efficiently, I doubt we'd want to increase it by *too much*. But also, don't expect anything insane, like 400x what SOE allowed on Live.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January 2021 21:31
Bureido
Initiate Member

I don't think it would have to be a huge amount. 50-100 would probably enough to help people to finish of the layouts

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17 January 2021 21:38
Undercova
Member QA

ppl can use vendors to store 100s or 1000s of items ... like they did back on live server

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January 2021 23:40