Do you have problems with the launcher not being able to connect to the game server ??
23 October 2021
Notifications
Clear all

The History of Star Wars Galaxies - A Postmortem By Raph Koster

Undercova
Member QA

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24 July 2021 01:51
pcgoblin and Bureido liked
Bureido
Initiate Member

That was an amazing insight into a great game. I can't wait to get back into it 

Will a similar video be done once the server up and running live

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 July 2021 12:11
Undercova liked
Tosteto
Member CSR

I just got done watching it, gotta say they went through some tough situations just to give us the game we got to experience, so many ideas that got lost due to many time constraints, just think of what it could have been if it wasn't rushed, it could have been different. But that's not how it was supposed to be, so it's now up to us on how we shape the game's history, despite the rocky life it had, it's still highly regarded as a game that was way ahead of it's time, and is still being played today, proving it will never truly die.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 July 2021 17:03
pcgoblin
Initiate Member

I'm so far behind...

I had to find what I believe was a copy of the video because what Undercova posted is no long available. I found two. I've watched one, posted by Napyet Gaming. Now watching the other, posted by SWG Dev.

GDC Classic Game Postmortem: 'Star Wars Galaxies' posted by SWG Dev

Star Wars Galaxies GDC Postmortem (2021) - What Did We Learn? posted by Napyet Gaming

The Napyet Gaming's post is good, but SWG Dev's post is excellent, in my opinion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August 2021 15:26
Tosteto liked
Tosteto
Member CSR
Posted by: @jowjo

I'm so far behind...

I had to find what I believe was a copy of the video because what Undercova posted is no long available. I found two. I've watched one, posted by Napyet Gaming. Now watching the other, posted by SWG Dev.

The Napyet Gaming's post is good, but SWG Dev's post is excellent, in my opinion.

Yeah, Napyet does some pretty decent coverages of other SWG related content, although the original poster for the Postmortem video Weird Gaming can be a bit on the odd side, but it kind of does live up to the channel's name. Speaking of which, Weird Gaming actually gave a reason as to why he had to take the video down, here's what he had to say;

I had to remove the video. I had permission to post and I used the press link that they issued us to post. However, the video got picked up by PC Gamer and they credited me rather than crediting the GDC. Sadly, the GDC requested I make the video private so that PCG can use a link from them.

At the end of the day, the GDC did not expect the video to be picked up. I could fight it but they have the right to remove my press credentials for any event that they run in the future. It's just not worth it.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Tosteto
ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August 2021 21:43
pcgoblin liked