Celebrating 40 Years of Empire: The Legacy

Undercova
Member QA

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12 July 2021 23:01
Tosteto liked
Tosteto
Member CSR

It's been so long, yet I somewhat remember the first time I saw The Empire Strikes Back, it blew my mind as a kid, and it still remains my favorite of the prequel trilogy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 July 2021 00:30
Undercova liked
Bureido
Initiate Member

Still an amazing movie. Great acting, visual effects and the score really makes you emotionally invest in these characters. It set the bar for every Star Wars film and TV show that follows it.

It is a shame you can't get the original films without all of the added CG elements that were added which looks terrible

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 July 2021 10:59
Undercova liked
Tosteto
Member CSR
Posted by: @bureido

Still an amazing movie. Great acting, visual effects and the score really makes you emotionally invest in these characters. It set the bar for every Star Wars film and TV show that follows it.

It is a shame you can't get the original films without all of the added CG elements that were added which looks terrible

Unless we're talking VHS, then no, it's difficult to find unedited versions of the original theater release in home video format... unless you find it digital somewhere on the web. It's funny, I have 2 VHS box sets of the prequel trilogy, one which was the original VHS box set that introduced me to Star Wars, and the OG Star Wars VHS release with no "Special" additions or edits, I also believe it's the one with Luke screaming as he falls down the shaft, but I'm not a 100% certain, I haven't sat down to watch it and see if it's on it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 July 2021 16:04
Bureido
Initiate Member

Even if they release the digital remastered copies where they didn't add any extra scenes they just touched up some off the original effects

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 July 2021 11:11