Notifications
Clear all

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi Recut - Jerjerrod's Conflict (HD)

Undercova
Member QA

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12 June 2021 18:43
pcgoblin and Tosteto liked
Tosteto
Member CSR

That was actually quite interesting, it would have been just like Yavin, but since they have time a limit before the Death Star destroys Endor, we wouldn't have a lot of time for the other scenes with Vader and Luke, so I'm kinda glad that it was cut, it gave some room for a good ending while not being a rehash of Episodes 4's ending.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June 2021 16:32
pcgoblin
Initiate Member

I enjoyed the re-edited ending.  It was interesting.  I need to watch the actual ending again, because throughout I was wondering where was Luke?  It wasn't until I read Tosteto's comments that I remember where Luke was.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 June 2021 15:51
Tosteto liked
Tosteto
Member CSR
Posted by: @jowjo

I enjoyed the re-edited ending.  It was interesting.  I need to watch the actual ending again, because throughout I was wondering where was Luke?  It wasn't until I read Tosteto's comments that I remember where Luke was.

Yeah, as for Luke in the re-edited version, having a time limit before Endor goes boom would have made Luke's bittersweet ending impossible to squeeze in, remember that Palpatine was in the throne room having Vader and Luke fight each other, all those fight scenes plus throwing Palpatine down the shaft took a lot of scene time, so transitioning between Endor, Space, Throne Room, Inside Death Star, and Death Star Landing Bay would have been ludicrous to fit in, the decision to cut out a rehash of "Oh No, the Death Star is going to blow up the Rebels, better hurry!" from the first movie was for the best.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 June 2021 17:57